Sargent & Greenleaf safe locks have been protecting the assets of banks, businesses and governments for nearly a century and a half. Now, S&G is giving this proven protection a decidedly high-tech advantage with our Comptronic Electronic Safe Locks. Comptronic Safe Locks go beyond traditional locks to bring the benefits of current micro-processing technology to your new or existing safe:
- One-step operation — just enter the code and the lock unlocks.
- Fast and easy safe access
- Automatically relocks when you shut the safe door.
- Lets you change codes at any time with a few touches of the keypad.
- Protects from being opened or manipulated with repeated, random code entry.
- Offers secure and reliable motor-driven lock bolt operation.
- Flexible interface capability works with security systems, time locks, alarm systems and CCTV.
- Allows for multiple users while at the same time giving you greater control over access.
- Programmable time delay of up to 9 minutes.
Changing Codes (general information)
All code changing procedures begin by pressing S G * (same as 7 4 * ), followed by the existing six digit master code and #. Immediately after you press #, the lock emits five distinct chirps, indicating that it is ready for a code change. If the lock emits a series of closely spaced chirps (almost a continuous tone) you may have made a mistake and must start again.
TO CHANGE THE MASTER CODE (code #1)
press S G * ( _EXISTING CODE _ ) # 1 * ( _ NEW CODE _ ) # ( _ NEW CODE _ ) #
EXAMPLE: If the existing code is 1 2 3 4 5 6 and you want to change it to 6 5 4 3 2 1 press the following: S G * 1 2 3 4 5 6 # 1 * 6 5 4 3 2 1 # 6 5 4 3 2 1 #
TO CHANGE A USER CODE (codes 2 thru 9 )
press S G * ( _MASTER CODE _ ) # (user I.D. 2 thru 9) * ( NEW USER CODE ) # ( NEW USER CODE ) #
EXAMPLE: If the master code is 123456 and you want to issue user 2 a code of 224466 press the following: S G * 1 2 3 4 5 6 # 2 * 2 2 4 4 6 6 # 2 2 4 4 6 6 #
TO USE A PREPROGRAMMED OVER-RIDE CODE
The over-ride code should consist of 7 digits. The fifth and sixth digit must be entered together (press both buttons at the same exact time). The over-ride code does not open the safe; However, it does reset the combination to the factory setting of 1 2 3 4 5 6 Press * 6 # ( _ _ _ _ [ _ _ ] _ ) #